Before Installing: Things to do before you install.
This is the 2nd post in my serious on OS X Maverics, 10.9. Following on from my previous post Apple, OSX Mavericks, 10.9.After doing some research and seeing a few options on how to install I decided to install OSX 10.9 as mac recommends by downloading the installer from the app store and running it. Following the tutorial from Macworld Get your Mac ready for Mavericks (OS X 10.9) I have done theses things to help make the transition as smooth as possible.
- I ran a check on the Hard drive to see if it was in good health using disk utility.
- Installed all updates from App Store
- Made a backup of all my data, music, pictures, documents, videos.
- Gone through all 3rd party apps installed to check for latest updates.
- Also ran a Time Machine backup.
There are many things to consider when backing up your Mac before upgrading to OSX 10.9 and they do depend on
- what you are already used to doing, especially if you have been using mac for a few years and used to upgrading.
- what you use your computer for
- if you have sensitive data or its a work laptop.
- Whatever suits your needs
- There are lots of other reasons.
It is up to you how much time effort and what you want to do in how you update. If it is all to much for you keep it simple and follow apples guide if you can’t get your head around things. Although taking the time to do the simple things as i did first will make it easy and sure you don’t loos your important data. For all you need to know before you want to try Installing Maverick.
Ok here I go its time for the update to OSX 10.9 Mavericks. I can’t wait to see what it is like.
Edit: Another thing you may want to do, as well as checking for updates in app store, when updating is check all of your user apps are up to date.