Today we are going to show you how to setup your domain url and verify it with google. we will be using a url purchased from http://www.namecheap.com. We will pointing this url to a “Google Sites” website.
purchase a url (there are many places you can do this we used namecheap clcik here they are cheap and provide good services).
- log into “Google Webmaster Tools” using your google account click here
- click on the red button ADD A SITE near top right of page.
- enter your domain url you purchased and add
- on the next page click on the “Alternative methods” tab and find namecheap.com (or your domain provider where you purchased your url).
- follow the instructions on that page for your domain provider
here is googles instructions for namecheap
Follow the steps below to create a DNS (Domain Name System) record that proves to Google that you own the domain.
- Log in to your account at www.namecheap.com.
- Go to My Account>Manage Domains and choose the needed domain name from the domain list.
- Select All host records.
- Insert the @ character into the hostname tab under Subdomain settings.
- In the IP Address/URL field copy and paste the number below:
(This code is unique to your google account you will need to use the one you are given).
- Choose TXT record as the record type in the drop down menu.
- Click on Save changes.
Congratulations! Your new DNS TXT record now contains your security token. Keep in mind that changes to your DNS settings can take up to 24 hours to propagate through the Internet, but depending on your host, this can happen faster
- Now in webmaster tools click verify if after 24 hours if things still dont verify contact your domain provider for further assistance.
- Next log into your “Google Sites” website you want to add the url
- in the top of the page n the right hand side click on more from the dropdown menu click “manage site”
- on the left side panel click on web addresses
- type your url in the box provided and click add.
- if all has gone well you should now ba able to use your url.